LotusGrill Smokeless Charcoal Barbecue: Everything you need to know…
Everything you need to know...
We’re very excited about or newest product, the LotusGrill Smokeless Barbecue; the BBQ you didn’t know you needed… until now.
The revolutionary LotusGrill, designed in Germany, transforms the way you barbecue; it cooks your food with that great chargrilled flavour, but with virtually no smoke. The LotusGrill is intended to be the ultimate in portable cooking; because of the lack of smoke it’s perfect for those with limited back garden space, or even those who may only have a balcony to entertain on. It’s deceptively light so it’s also brilliant for taking camping, on a picnic, to the beach – or even on your boat (as below), that’s if you’re lucky enough to have such a lavish lifestyle!
We know what you’re thinking, ‘No smoke? Yeh right!’ – I’ll be honest; it’s exactly what I thought, until I gave the little colourful guy a go… Where we cannot promise absolutely zero smoke, the LotusGrill does significantly reduce smoke emission. You can sometimes encounter a bit of smoke when you first light it, but overall, the lack of smoke is highly impressive. What’s even more remarkable is the absolute delicious tasting food you end up with… even without the smoke, you still get that lovely chargrilled flavour, because natural hardwood charcoal (not Heat Beads) emits these flavours through invisible safe gases.
The Lotus is built with a double walled construction so the outer frame and base never get hot, keeping your barbecue completely portable even when cooking…handy if the tide starts coming in! Each component of the grill is clipped down, and the charcoal cylinder is completely protected, so if you happen to knock it over or a pesky football booms at it full pelt, other than grass covered sausages, you won’t need to worry; not a single bit of hot charcoal will escape.
It doesn’t emit naked flames, embers, nor requires the mass dumping of hot embers. The LotusGrill only requires 10% of the usual amount of charcoal needed by traditional barbecues, also making it the economical choice.
A Healthy BBQ
The LotusGrill is a healthy BBQ for several reasons:
- Grilling with this bad boy ensures a low fat, more calorie?conscious style of cooking, excess fat and oil cannot reach the charcoal and burn. Therefore, substances such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and benzopyrene are not produced like in conventional charcoal BBQ’s.
- If you think, normally when cooking the fat has nowhere to go, it just swims around your food. The thin metal grill surface of the LotusGrill ensures that excess fat and oil drips into the removable tray, keeping it away from your food. Thanks to the thin metal grate, you also won’t need to add any extra oil as it prevents food from sticking.
- The patented radiant and thermal heat distribution system forces the natural charcoals to burn very quickly and at a high heat, essentially bypassing the smoking process of hot coal formation. So no nasty carcinogens, or other harmful chemicals present in excessive traditional BBQ smoke, involved here.
- You have total control of your grills heat via the fan dial on the side. This will reduce the likelihood of burning your food, which also produces carcinogens. However, if you want the burnt charcoal effect on your food, then the LotusGrill can most certainly do that for you too.
- The LotusGrill is designed to use natural hardwood charcoal. This product is not only superior in performance, it is natural and does not contain, nor emit, many of the nasty bonding agents and other chemicals found in briquettes (reconstituted charcoal beads). It also uses an ethanol gel (alcohol) to help start the charcoals. Other traditional charcoal BBQ’s use paraffin and petrochemical ‘fire starter’ products that are expensive and harmful if absorbed into food.